We're always looking to expand our reach with creative, original and enthusiastic people. We work hard to get the job done and have a lot of fun while doing it.
We’ve been working at the highest level of motorsport for fifteen years and have built a strong reputation as innovators in our field. We’re always looking to strengthen our team, now more than ever. Our strategy involves creating more innovations, breaking new ground and scaling new heights at the same time as fulfilling our commitment to 100% delivery and no excuses.
We offer a welcoming, friendly, and supportive working environment, we work hard but we give a lot back.
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness, and work life balance.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and lieu days after events
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
BGN provides an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
IT Networking – EVENT LEADER
The Event Leader (IT Networking) role is all about delivering our portfolio of technical IT, networking and communications services at F1 races. It involves travelling to race locations and taking responsibility for the whatever-it-takes service that make us the leading provider in the paddock. F1 is a global sport so this is a global role – but, it starts at our operations centre in Silverstone, making sure everything is packed, the checklists are ready and the team is on point.
Like every other role in F1, it takes focus, attention, technical aptitude and commitment. We also make sure it’s good fun and that you’ll be working with like-minded souls who are just as committed as you are.
When not at events, you’ll work from our offices in Silverstone or Hove to support your colleagues and as part of our wider operations team.
Reporting to the Race Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering our trackside IT, networking & communications services at F1 events
- Managing a small team to install and uninstall our networking infrastructure, including to customer locations (team garages) at track
- Liaising with local telcos, circuit IT and paddock and team staff
- Logging and reporting any customers needs and systems changes
- Supporting other Event Leaders when not at an event
It’s a small team that spends a lot of time travelling and socialising together so a sense of humour is essential.
IT will be your background and solid skills with Cisco products and a core of IP networking knowledge are essential – a CCNA qualification is ideal. Other than that, if you’re the one, you will be able to manage under pressure in a fast-changing environment and will be:
- A great people and project manager
- Technically sound in voice and data networking
- Confident with switching, routing, wireless, security protocols and, ideally, have knowledge of Riverbed and VMWare ESX
- Good at problem solving and working to time critical deadlines
- Enthusiastic and always keen to improve
- Flexible in your approach to working hours
- Able to work to the highest standards of tidiness and punctuality necessary in F1
- Experienced working under pressure, ideally in a motorsport environment
As the role requires global travel, a valid passport and full UK driving license are necessary.